When you read the headline, you’re probably thinking, its a little premature to be thinking about your next 12 month marketing strategy. Once you go through the points below, there is a fair bit of ground work to be done, so we hope this helps.
If you want the new year to start right on track – now is the time to start planning ahead with your sales and marketing teams. Collaborating with your teams will get everyone aligned and all will have a clear understanding of the business objectives. Then you can pull together an effective plan to achieve those goals.
We understand if you are too close to the business, it can be tough to be objective about it, but you will get there.
SO! Here is a guide to help you get started:
1) Review and analyse last years sales and revenue trends
2) Review and analyse last years marketing trends
3) Define your one-year company vision
4) Prearrange your company priorities and goals for the year
5) Review and update your ideal customer profile and personas
6) (We hope you have been doing this) – Review & document your customer journey and their experience
7) Scope out your competitors
8) Define what makes you different from you competitors
9) Review and organise your marketing collateral
10) Review your website and online marketing
11) Review and document your sales process
12) Review your proposal templates
13) Identify gaps in your sales and marketing
14) Document your sales and marketing strategy
15) Set Your budget
16) Track your progress and redesign your tactics
Here’s a tip: Adopt the design mindset strategy – by Lynne Cazaly
When you have a plan in place and know what you intend to execute and why – keep in mind there may be project delays due to lack of resources. Preparing a critical timeline of tasks will allow you to reserve the resources you need to execute those tasks. You will find the project timeline long but at least there’s a higher chance of predicting more realistic deadlines. Remember you’re designing the plan to be pro-active and NOT reactive.
Some key trends to think more about during your planning stages:
– Content, make sure you understand who your audience is, then tailor your content that will attract them
– Embrace that data you have on your files, use it to your advantage – look at how your prospects know about your products and services, how its been converted into a sale, what marketing efforts have and have not worked
– Start thinking about using inbound marketing techniques, if you don’t know what inbound marketing is, just visit the HubSpot site, they have tonnes of resources for your benefit
If you need some help to facilitate this process – get in touch to discuss. We have a more holistic approach than just pushing out work like sausage factory. That’s because we care about the success of your business, but remember you have to care about your business too, to make it even more successful.